Mother's Day Breakfast
((Reposted from my mother's group))
Today was mother's day breakfast at my son's school. They send home a coupon the week before and invite the mom or grandmother to come have lunch with the child.
We've gone every year. I wouldn't miss it for the world.
I thought this year he might not want to invite me, since he's older and always giving me hell at home. However, he did. He's been buzzing around the house counting down the days til this morning.
So off we went. Dad stayed home for another reason so he was able to watch the little one. This was perfect so that I could focus on time with kiddo.
We went in and the stupid VP, (you know I don't like him for obvious reasons) says, "(Kiddo's Name here)! You got your mom up this early?" ... DUH!!! Not Happy Mother's Day, Not it's good to see you again on different terms..... nooooo just that stupid rude comment. Grrrr...
anyways...
we had breakfast, and the bell rang, so he wanted me to meet his friends. Ok, I can do that. So we start walking to the lines. Before we got out to the yard, I said, give me my kiss so no one sees. He said no. My heart fell.
I knew it was coming. He's getting older. But I didn't expect to feel that loss that day.
So we went out to meet his friends. I said hello, and talked to the ones I knew that DIDN'T invite their moms.
Then I had to go back, so I said good bye to him, and turned to leave. That's when he surpised me. He hugged me and kissed me, and asked for eskimo kisses. My little boy wanted his mom afterall.
This will probably be the last year this happens. But it will be one I'll remember for a very very long time.
Happy Mother's Day, Ladies....
xo
Today was mother's day breakfast at my son's school. They send home a coupon the week before and invite the mom or grandmother to come have lunch with the child.
We've gone every year. I wouldn't miss it for the world.
I thought this year he might not want to invite me, since he's older and always giving me hell at home. However, he did. He's been buzzing around the house counting down the days til this morning.
So off we went. Dad stayed home for another reason so he was able to watch the little one. This was perfect so that I could focus on time with kiddo.
We went in and the stupid VP, (you know I don't like him for obvious reasons) says, "(Kiddo's Name here)! You got your mom up this early?" ... DUH!!! Not Happy Mother's Day, Not it's good to see you again on different terms..... nooooo just that stupid rude comment. Grrrr...
anyways...
we had breakfast, and the bell rang, so he wanted me to meet his friends. Ok, I can do that. So we start walking to the lines. Before we got out to the yard, I said, give me my kiss so no one sees. He said no. My heart fell.
I knew it was coming. He's getting older. But I didn't expect to feel that loss that day.
So we went out to meet his friends. I said hello, and talked to the ones I knew that DIDN'T invite their moms.
Then I had to go back, so I said good bye to him, and turned to leave. That's when he surpised me. He hugged me and kissed me, and asked for eskimo kisses. My little boy wanted his mom afterall.
This will probably be the last year this happens. But it will be one I'll remember for a very very long time.
Happy Mother's Day, Ladies....
xo



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home