Friday, April 14

busy busy busy

We've just been busy. When I'm around, I want to update this, but I don't get around to it. As for what's been going on, I'll backtrack and see if I can hit on most things.

I had a birthday.....another year older. I wanted to go to Disneyland for my birthday. It was so crowded though, even though it was midweek. We rode the ferris wheel and did a few things there, then came home. I wanted to go out for dinner, like we had planned to, but everyone was tired, so that was the extent of the celebration.

Kiddo's off of school for this month. It's been an adventure in itself. He's been given a pile of work to do while off. That's something I never agreed with. These worksheets aren't fun. They're repeated work from the classroom that most of the children may need help with. They're not going to get help from the sitters that have to watch them while mom and dad work. Granted here at my house, I'm home to help, but that's not the case with the other students. Kiddo could have done the entire pack in one day, but she wanted it spaced out...3 worksheets a day. Yeah right.

When I taught, I gave fun assignments that kept them occupied, and let them refresh the topics learned. I also would send out things about what we would be studying when they came back, like an intro. The kids loved doing my homework.....but this stuff she sent home is just garbage.

What else?

We went to the toyota grand prix and the rennaisance pleasure faire last weekend. I am sure those deserve separate entries though. Maybe after I finish today's chores, I'll come post a bit more.

~note to self:
* bedroom
* Grand Prix
* Faire
* Easter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home