A moment or two
My being goofy around the boys tonight caused fits of giggles and raised eyebrows from them all. I couldn't help it. I was grinning ear to ear, and laughing from the moment we set out for wal-mart to get a new movie. The kiddo is at the stage where he wants to tell you something but wants you to guess. I love this. It's annoying as hell, but I get back at him just as much.
"Mom, guess what I hate?"
I give it a second til he asks again...then I go for it.
"M-o-o-o-o-m, guess what I hate?"
LOL
Stepping in dog poop?
Picking your nose and your finger gets stuck?
A curly hair up your ass? (yes, I actually said that which made us all bust up laughing when he said MOM!)
so all night it was "MOM, (insert question here)?"
and all night i answered with some goofy off the wall remark.....
Hubby finally joined in. The little one just laughed on cue. Kiddo caught on and made it a point to have a come back for me.
Ohhhh I love this age. Sometimes I wish we could freeze time...just for a bit.
Oh and that reminds me. We were at Carl's Jr one weekend for lunch, letting the kids play in the tubes since it was raining and we had been cooped up in the house far too long. They got to scream and yell in there, and run around.
Anyways, we were sitting there laughing about how in all that madness, you can always pick out the sound of your own kid in the crowd.
The kiddo was singing some old dance/rap tune. Hubby just looked at me and said, well duh, listen to him. LOL
Not two seconds later, they're all going down the tubes, laughing and screaming, a whole group at once.
We hear...... "Somebody is touching my dick!"
Oh my! We look at each other and just stare til I broke the awkward moment. "Did you hear him?"
Hubby said, "Yes.".....and we laughed.
A few minutes later, he came out for a drink. I asked him if he was alright and having a good time. Sure he was. I said that yes, I could hear him just fine. I got a look. He knew what I was talking about and was worried about his "terminology".
The rule around here is, speak with your friends as they speak. Respect us by not cursing or using slang. Proper terms for adults. He knows it and just froze. I gave him a quick swat as I kissed his cheek and told him to go play some more. He smiled and I got the "thanks, mom."
Hubby and I exchanged looks after he left and shared another laugh.
"Mom, guess what I hate?"
I give it a second til he asks again...then I go for it.
"M-o-o-o-o-m, guess what I hate?"
LOL
Stepping in dog poop?
Picking your nose and your finger gets stuck?
A curly hair up your ass? (yes, I actually said that which made us all bust up laughing when he said MOM!)
so all night it was "MOM, (insert question here)?"
and all night i answered with some goofy off the wall remark.....
Hubby finally joined in. The little one just laughed on cue. Kiddo caught on and made it a point to have a come back for me.
Ohhhh I love this age. Sometimes I wish we could freeze time...just for a bit.
Oh and that reminds me. We were at Carl's Jr one weekend for lunch, letting the kids play in the tubes since it was raining and we had been cooped up in the house far too long. They got to scream and yell in there, and run around.
Anyways, we were sitting there laughing about how in all that madness, you can always pick out the sound of your own kid in the crowd.
The kiddo was singing some old dance/rap tune. Hubby just looked at me and said, well duh, listen to him. LOL
Not two seconds later, they're all going down the tubes, laughing and screaming, a whole group at once.
We hear...... "Somebody is touching my dick!"
Oh my! We look at each other and just stare til I broke the awkward moment. "Did you hear him?"
Hubby said, "Yes.".....and we laughed.
A few minutes later, he came out for a drink. I asked him if he was alright and having a good time. Sure he was. I said that yes, I could hear him just fine. I got a look. He knew what I was talking about and was worried about his "terminology".
The rule around here is, speak with your friends as they speak. Respect us by not cursing or using slang. Proper terms for adults. He knows it and just froze. I gave him a quick swat as I kissed his cheek and told him to go play some more. He smiled and I got the "thanks, mom."
Hubby and I exchanged looks after he left and shared another laugh.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home