Rambling
I got my hair cut Saturday. We took the boys to the hairdresser that's been doing my hair for over 10 years, and waited. My husband isn't a waiter. He fidgets. He groans. He has to go next door to the panaderia to get some pandulce. He doesn't realize we're waiting in line behind other guys who have also come to get their sons' hair cuts as well. Usually, I'll walk down there with the boys, and I was going to, but he came home early and offered to take us. I figured it's a father son thing anyways. I figured wrong. It's much better if I do it alone. So the boys finally got their teddy bear hair cut into nice little boy cuts, almost buzzed but not. I don't let them go that short. It really made their eyes look bigger, not to mention their long thick lashes are really noticeable now.
So while he's handling the boys with the one guy, I hopped in the other chair for the lady to trim and relayer my hair. That's usually all they do. My hair is so thick and heavy and the waves/curls really make it only possible to do one thing, layer it....and thin it out with those funky scissors. So I tell her I like her hair. Turned out, the guy doing my boys hair is the one that did it for her. I almost hopped right up to wait for him, since he's the only one that ever does my hair anyways. She assured me she could do it.....and she did! It's shorter. Feels like a good 5 inches was cut, but it's only an inch, maybe 2, and layered all over. Then she blow dried it and curled the ends into a flip.
The entire time, my boys are watching and the oldest has to make comments. Little jabs, at having to sit there and watch mom get her hair done..... "Mom, you look like strawberry shortcake."...and "Mom, you look all fluffy headed". My husband knew not to say anything, since he was getting my "angry eyes" and "don't you dare say a word look". I should have focused them on loud mouth, because she started to hurry with the curling iron.
As soon as we left, they were polite enough to wait til we made it out the door before both started about how they didn't like it. I do. That's all I'm going to say about that. It's still long, and it's still layered, but it's got style and a cute lil flip to it now. The waves are smoothed out when it's done, otherwise a scrunch and i've got all the curls and waves I could ever hope for. YAY!
P. S. He didn't get it. He had to ask me why I was curling it the next day with the curling iron, after my shower, since I just had it done the day before. LOL.
To be fair, I did stop him on the way to my kiddo's bedroom with our vaccuum, to shout out, with a panic in my voice...."Honey! It doesn't have a bag!!!" This is where he turned it around and very calmly said. "Ummm, Hon....Very Good. It's a bagless vaccuum."
So while he's handling the boys with the one guy, I hopped in the other chair for the lady to trim and relayer my hair. That's usually all they do. My hair is so thick and heavy and the waves/curls really make it only possible to do one thing, layer it....and thin it out with those funky scissors. So I tell her I like her hair. Turned out, the guy doing my boys hair is the one that did it for her. I almost hopped right up to wait for him, since he's the only one that ever does my hair anyways. She assured me she could do it.....and she did! It's shorter. Feels like a good 5 inches was cut, but it's only an inch, maybe 2, and layered all over. Then she blow dried it and curled the ends into a flip.
The entire time, my boys are watching and the oldest has to make comments. Little jabs, at having to sit there and watch mom get her hair done..... "Mom, you look like strawberry shortcake."...and "Mom, you look all fluffy headed". My husband knew not to say anything, since he was getting my "angry eyes" and "don't you dare say a word look". I should have focused them on loud mouth, because she started to hurry with the curling iron.
As soon as we left, they were polite enough to wait til we made it out the door before both started about how they didn't like it. I do. That's all I'm going to say about that. It's still long, and it's still layered, but it's got style and a cute lil flip to it now. The waves are smoothed out when it's done, otherwise a scrunch and i've got all the curls and waves I could ever hope for. YAY!
P. S. He didn't get it. He had to ask me why I was curling it the next day with the curling iron, after my shower, since I just had it done the day before. LOL.
To be fair, I did stop him on the way to my kiddo's bedroom with our vaccuum, to shout out, with a panic in my voice...."Honey! It doesn't have a bag!!!" This is where he turned it around and very calmly said. "Ummm, Hon....Very Good. It's a bagless vaccuum."



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home