The Giant Cock vs The Sheriff
Last night my hubby called right before pulling up in the drive. I mentioned going OUT to dinner, something we don't normally do, unless a special occasion. He agreed and pulled into the drive as I shuffled to get the kids ready and myself. Now the big decision......where to go?
Kiddo wanted BK or McDonalds. The little one doesn't like fast food. I wanted a steak, but decided to go to Fuddruckers (build your own burger type of place)......and hubby wanted bbq, again. His favorite choice. While it's good, I'm ready for a change, but there was this new place he's passed a few times while at the job site. So even though the 15 min drive to Fuddruckers was "too far" and it would cost "too much money" (we're on a very tight budget)..... we drove in the other direction to Pasadena. It took a good 35-40 min to get there.
As we pull up, I completely begin to razz him about his choice. Did he choose it because of the giant rooster out front? LOL...There was this huge 10 foot tall rooster out front, along with an old fire engine, and several roasters and flags. Inside it's this huge barn, with tables, benches, and chairs. On the wall this white screen was up and they were showing black and white westerns. All in all, a neat family kind of place.
Oh...the bathrooms!!! I almost forgot. The women's bathroom had hand painted huge flowers on the wall but....when you went to the sink, you had to turn the handle on the corner of the double sink where a huge watering can sprayed out the water. It was so neat. He said the men's was a huge bbq grill drum, and that the faucets were something, but he didn't know what. LOL
Anyways, back to the place. I ordered the food for everyone since they were off looking around at everything. Hubby had brought back the little one, as we were served. Kiddo decided to continue playing a game on the far side of the place. The Sheriff, AKA Manager/Owner, came over to our table to say "howdy" and check on us, bringing the baby some plastic utensils, since the others were so heavy. I asked him to do us a favor and go give my kiddo a stern warning about playing games when he's supposed to be eating. I thought it would be funny, seeing as this guy was WAY tall... 6 1/2 feet I'm guessing....(I'm only 5'2" so yeah, huge to me). He nodded and smiled to me, before putting his fingers up to his lips and giving a LOUD whistle. The whole damn place turned around and looked at him. His servers all popped out to see what he needed. My kiddo turned, as if KNOWING it was for him, and boldly asked, across the restaurant, "What?".... He called him over and my son came running.....yes, running, leaving the game he was playing. His face was bright red, as everyone watched him. The sherriff told him that he came here to eat and not to play games. My son answered, "Yes, Sir", while we all sat up straight. Told him not to make him whistle again, because it makes the staff jumpy, and told us about one family who had 3 teens talking on cell phones while at the table. He went over and told them all to hand them over. Told the people on the other end goodbye and handed the phones back to the parents, telling them he doesn't allow that in his place.
The rest of the night, he pampered my son, because he found out we were there to celebrate his birthday and report card. He left with two ice cream cones, and a bunch of extra goodies. LOL
It was an interesting night.
Kiddo wanted BK or McDonalds. The little one doesn't like fast food. I wanted a steak, but decided to go to Fuddruckers (build your own burger type of place)......and hubby wanted bbq, again. His favorite choice. While it's good, I'm ready for a change, but there was this new place he's passed a few times while at the job site. So even though the 15 min drive to Fuddruckers was "too far" and it would cost "too much money" (we're on a very tight budget)..... we drove in the other direction to Pasadena. It took a good 35-40 min to get there.
As we pull up, I completely begin to razz him about his choice. Did he choose it because of the giant rooster out front? LOL...There was this huge 10 foot tall rooster out front, along with an old fire engine, and several roasters and flags. Inside it's this huge barn, with tables, benches, and chairs. On the wall this white screen was up and they were showing black and white westerns. All in all, a neat family kind of place.
Oh...the bathrooms!!! I almost forgot. The women's bathroom had hand painted huge flowers on the wall but....when you went to the sink, you had to turn the handle on the corner of the double sink where a huge watering can sprayed out the water. It was so neat. He said the men's was a huge bbq grill drum, and that the faucets were something, but he didn't know what. LOL
Anyways, back to the place. I ordered the food for everyone since they were off looking around at everything. Hubby had brought back the little one, as we were served. Kiddo decided to continue playing a game on the far side of the place. The Sheriff, AKA Manager/Owner, came over to our table to say "howdy" and check on us, bringing the baby some plastic utensils, since the others were so heavy. I asked him to do us a favor and go give my kiddo a stern warning about playing games when he's supposed to be eating. I thought it would be funny, seeing as this guy was WAY tall... 6 1/2 feet I'm guessing....(I'm only 5'2" so yeah, huge to me). He nodded and smiled to me, before putting his fingers up to his lips and giving a LOUD whistle. The whole damn place turned around and looked at him. His servers all popped out to see what he needed. My kiddo turned, as if KNOWING it was for him, and boldly asked, across the restaurant, "What?".... He called him over and my son came running.....yes, running, leaving the game he was playing. His face was bright red, as everyone watched him. The sherriff told him that he came here to eat and not to play games. My son answered, "Yes, Sir", while we all sat up straight. Told him not to make him whistle again, because it makes the staff jumpy, and told us about one family who had 3 teens talking on cell phones while at the table. He went over and told them all to hand them over. Told the people on the other end goodbye and handed the phones back to the parents, telling them he doesn't allow that in his place.
The rest of the night, he pampered my son, because he found out we were there to celebrate his birthday and report card. He left with two ice cream cones, and a bunch of extra goodies. LOL
It was an interesting night.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home