and the winner is.....
ME!!!!
WooHoo!
A month ago, hubby and I, sans kids, took a Friday afternoon to ourselves to go to a fishing show. They had lots of vendors and plenty of cool things to do. We walked around for a couple of hours, sipping beverages and trying out a few things. I had quail that day for the first time. Anyways, there were drawings all over and we supported a few worthy causes.
I won 50% off a 3/4 day fishing trip and a $20 gift certificate for that same place, which will be used torwards his trip. Oh and a tshirt from them as well.
A few weeks ago, we got a call asking to verify our address so this one company could mail out the gift hubby won. Before he hung up, he asked if he could buy it off of us. I told him no, because we really wanted it. It's an oak framed print of a golden trout with flies tied under it. I believe there's like 8 or 10 flies. It's gorgeous and now hanging in the den with another fishing picture we found at a swap meet for $3. (He wants the den to be like the cabin's he's seen...shaking my head)
So today, I heard the mailman come. It's cool and wet outside from the rain, and being a socal girl, I waited a bit before opening the door to get the mail. LOL There was this huge white envelope for me. I put it aside and forgot about it while I cleaned up the "choochoo" track that's invading my living room.
Curiousity got the better of me and I just opened it. It seems my donation to the fishing hatchery paid off. I won 4 (adult) tickets to Sea World! That's got to be one of the funnest places ever. Kiddo has been wanting to go back and J has never been.
I looked up the site and they have a deal.....buy a day get a year free. Sooooooo, we'll buy kiddo his ticket, J is free, and we'll go twice this year.
Oh YEAH!!!!!
**forgot to mention...the fishing hatchery is right next door to sea world and offered us a free tour of their facility....to which we'll accept.
WooHoo!
A month ago, hubby and I, sans kids, took a Friday afternoon to ourselves to go to a fishing show. They had lots of vendors and plenty of cool things to do. We walked around for a couple of hours, sipping beverages and trying out a few things. I had quail that day for the first time. Anyways, there were drawings all over and we supported a few worthy causes.
I won 50% off a 3/4 day fishing trip and a $20 gift certificate for that same place, which will be used torwards his trip. Oh and a tshirt from them as well.
A few weeks ago, we got a call asking to verify our address so this one company could mail out the gift hubby won. Before he hung up, he asked if he could buy it off of us. I told him no, because we really wanted it. It's an oak framed print of a golden trout with flies tied under it. I believe there's like 8 or 10 flies. It's gorgeous and now hanging in the den with another fishing picture we found at a swap meet for $3. (He wants the den to be like the cabin's he's seen...shaking my head)
So today, I heard the mailman come. It's cool and wet outside from the rain, and being a socal girl, I waited a bit before opening the door to get the mail. LOL There was this huge white envelope for me. I put it aside and forgot about it while I cleaned up the "choochoo" track that's invading my living room.
Curiousity got the better of me and I just opened it. It seems my donation to the fishing hatchery paid off. I won 4 (adult) tickets to Sea World! That's got to be one of the funnest places ever. Kiddo has been wanting to go back and J has never been.
I looked up the site and they have a deal.....buy a day get a year free. Sooooooo, we'll buy kiddo his ticket, J is free, and we'll go twice this year.
Oh YEAH!!!!!
**forgot to mention...the fishing hatchery is right next door to sea world and offered us a free tour of their facility....to which we'll accept.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home