Tuesday, May 2

feeling pink


I've always been a tomboy, an outdoorsy, bike riding, fishing, frog catching kind of little girl. Somewhere in me there was a girly girl. I know it. I remember seeing fireflies and dancing around with them like they were fairies. I remember wanting a canopy bed. I remember my barbies. However, I was always out jumping ditches on my bike and wearing boys jeans, because mom said they were tougher. She used to tell me not to climb or I'd bruise up my legs and wouldn't be able to wear dresses when I was older.

Fast forward to today. In a house of 3 males and me, I usually just give in to their need for masculine things. I think they forget I'm a girl sometimes, but it's partly my own fault. Dresses and skirts cower in the corner of the closet, refusing to see the light of day. I wear jeans/shorts and tshirts, usually. They are comfortable and practical. I don't get flowers, unless it's from the 2 year old picking mommy something on our walks. Mother's day is around the corner. I may get flowers then, but if so it will be from Dad-in-law.

I guess this is why I like so many lacy undergarments, or pink shirts, glossy nails, and fairies hanging above my desk. Little things to remind me that indeed I'm female and enjoy feeling that way.

I've been meaning to take some time to do my nails, but things are busy around here with J. Maybe I need to. I'm definitely feeling pink. I say that because while I was in the kitchen getting him some juice, I broke out singing a Little Mermaid song. Something I hadn't seen in years, since they won't watch it with me.

" Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home