just catching up
Kiddo goes back to school on Monday. I don't know how they did it, but we managed to keep the the same number of days (and hours) in the school year. He was off for an entire month. Not to mention and extra week at christmas time and extra days thrown in here and there. The kids are out of school before 2 every day. Yet, the district bitches about how the kids are below standards. Something I could never understand. They fight for all this time off. They fight because they can't show videos in class. They fight for so much, yet it's the standards that are falling to fit the students instead of raising the goals. OOhhh ok....backing off of that one because I went off on a tangent.
Where was I? Hmmmmm.....
He was off for a month. What did we do? Was it productive? Let's see.
It rained on and off for that month, and with the rain brought a leak into my bedroom. The leak brought moisture to the drywall, which in turn brought mold. The wall came back out again. This time it wasn't so bad since we caught it early and so only a smallish portion came out. I knew it was there. I began struggling with my breathing again. Anyways, maybe this time we fixed the damn cement outside and sealed it properly. Big ordeal out there with how the previous owners did their addition.
The rain not only brought mold, it brought breathing problems and colds. Much of the plans were for naught after everything was said and done.
However, we did get to do a few fun things. Hubby brought home 2-day passes for the grand prix. Loud! Boy was it ever LOUD! J loved it. Couldn't get enough of watching the cars zoom on by. Kiddo loved the expo inside. I enjoyed it too. Good times were had by all.
We went to the Renaissance Festival, since we had free tickets for that, too. Hubby and I hadn't been there since kiddo was a baby. Now this was fun. Kiddo threw tomatoes at someone, and enjoyed all the games. The boys went on pony rides. I got a henna tattoo on my hand and then realized that might be something I enjoy doing to myself. (I've read up on it a lot and asked tons of questions while she was doing it.) Mmmmm and we ate turkey legs.
We did an awful lot of walking around the neighborhood. Took a few bus rides to various places. Did the mall a few times. We went fishing at the park. Didn't catch anything, but we all had a nice leisurely afternoon sitting at the small lake and just chit chatting.
Overall, I'd say we did pretty good with his month off.
Where was I? Hmmmmm.....
He was off for a month. What did we do? Was it productive? Let's see.
It rained on and off for that month, and with the rain brought a leak into my bedroom. The leak brought moisture to the drywall, which in turn brought mold. The wall came back out again. This time it wasn't so bad since we caught it early and so only a smallish portion came out. I knew it was there. I began struggling with my breathing again. Anyways, maybe this time we fixed the damn cement outside and sealed it properly. Big ordeal out there with how the previous owners did their addition.
The rain not only brought mold, it brought breathing problems and colds. Much of the plans were for naught after everything was said and done.
However, we did get to do a few fun things. Hubby brought home 2-day passes for the grand prix. Loud! Boy was it ever LOUD! J loved it. Couldn't get enough of watching the cars zoom on by. Kiddo loved the expo inside. I enjoyed it too. Good times were had by all.
We went to the Renaissance Festival, since we had free tickets for that, too. Hubby and I hadn't been there since kiddo was a baby. Now this was fun. Kiddo threw tomatoes at someone, and enjoyed all the games. The boys went on pony rides. I got a henna tattoo on my hand and then realized that might be something I enjoy doing to myself. (I've read up on it a lot and asked tons of questions while she was doing it.) Mmmmm and we ate turkey legs.
We did an awful lot of walking around the neighborhood. Took a few bus rides to various places. Did the mall a few times. We went fishing at the park. Didn't catch anything, but we all had a nice leisurely afternoon sitting at the small lake and just chit chatting.
Overall, I'd say we did pretty good with his month off.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home