Thursday, April 27

Just another day here

No different from any other....truthfully.

After breakfast, the little one decides to play with his bubble blowing lawnmower. Why it's in my dining room, I have no idea. His dad brought it in, I suppose. Anyways, there he is playing with it. No problem, since there have been no bubbles in it for weeks. However, it's noisy as hell on the bare floor. Not to mention with him running around with it. It ended up in my kitchen with the power on, making all kinds of noise. Grrrrrr. So off I go to turn it off.

I noticed there was choochoo stuff out in the den so I went to go pick it up, and put it in the toy box in there. I walked back out and this little monster decides since mommy isn't there, to climb the bookshelf (that is bolted to the wall). He somehow moved a small shoe box, that I had been dumping stray cassette tapes into, from it's "Keep away from J" location, to the floor of the den. I didn't realize this since I was busy getting markers for the dear child to play with.

He left the box, that I didn't see til later, to come color for mommy. We colored in his Easter coloring book. I walked away to visit with a friend in her room, while he was occupied (and not sharing his coloring book with me any longer). While I'm laughing and talking, watching him at the dining room table, this sweet innocent child comes to me to bring me to the bathroom to wash his hands. "Come'on mama." His little body leaning towards the bathroom, shaking his fist this way and that to get me to go to the bathroom. His little hand was blue. I made him turn around.....and .....GASP!

My child was blue from the nose down. He was sucking on one of the markers and it went everywhere. LOL So off we went to the bathroom to wash him up. He wouldn't let me clean his tongue, but he did brush his teeth.

Time to clean up markers and move on to the next activity. I signed off a bit later, after he was done playing with his train and we played legos for a bit, since they were scattered across the living room. If you can't beat them, join them.

After we finished putting them away, I went to wash dishes. Turned around and there was J popping his fingers into the thawing pork chops. Lovely! Another clean up job, and some pineapple for a snack, and I sit to look in, and leave something for someone. Here comes J with a cassette cover for the Tarzan soundtrack. I decide to go check the damage. Ohhh what a treat. A shoe box of spaghetti. Oh my.

So I finally decide to hit the showers, after lunch. This sweet lil guy, who decided he did NOT want to watch Bambi, decides to push a chair into the kitchen and help me wash dishes. Help from a 2 year old, isn't really help. He was rewashing the dishes. I jumped as the water changed and ran out to get him. Thankfully no one was injured.

So I sat down to check email and he finally decided to watch bambi. The scowl on that child's face was too funny. He didn't like the movie until Thumper came on with flower. Then he started laughing. Soon as Thumper was gone, the scowl returned.

He's doing everything in his power to keep from taking a nap: temper tantrums, and fighting with his older brother, hitting him with a broom.

Oh my....
and the day is no where near done.

We've still got dad coming home in about half an hour to join in the "madness".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home