Thursday, August 9

the little things

Sometimes it's the little things......

We hear that alot. Having kids gives you a poke/jab when you sometimes need it most. We get so caught up with bills and appointments, rushing here and there that we sometimes forget to take a moment and just breathe.

I've been so caught up with summer activities and was doing the dreaded task of cleaning out the closet, when J found a package of unopened easter eggs in an empty, white, wicker basket.

He's been wandering around the house with this package of brightly colored eggs for a week now. No harm in letting him play with them, but I hadn't opened the package, despite his requests. I just didn't feel like cleaning up all the plastic egg halves.

This morning he came to me with them and the basket, and very politely asked, "please, Mommy?"

How does one ever turn down a request like that?

Snip went the top of the package and out tumbled 18 small eggs into the basket.

He started skipping around the den, basket swinging merrily.

Then came the "You hide them for me, Mommy."

I was in the middle of talking with someone via IM.....someone I hadn't talked to in a very long while. When I mentioned a brb, that I was going to hide them, my sorority sister asked me, "Did you just say Easter Eggs?"

These eggs have brought numerous giggles this morning and tons of Mooooommmmmmyyyyy shouts from the den.

And yes........Sometimes it's the little things.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home