8 things about me
I saw this in a few other blogs and thought, "Why not?"
I'm up late and feel like blogging so here goes nothing....
1. I'm a navy brat. This means that I grew up in several different places. I was born in CA and moved to Florida, Japan, Guam, Virginia, Washington D.C. until we finally settled back here in CA. Our next tour of duty would have been either Germany or Italy, I've been told. I remember hiking to Talofofo Falls, walking across the Antietam Battlefields, the cherry blossoms lining D.C. streets, and dancing in a bon odori in my kimono and getas.

2. I like sports. Playing them? No, not really. I enjoy watching them and cheering for the home team. It sucks that we don't have a football team. The stadium football just doesn't do it for me. I still haven't been to a hockey game, although I DID have a ticket. Hubby just decided to take kiddo instead of me. He enjoyed it and had his memory of it, but it hurt me to no end that hubby did that. Now baseball, on the other hand, is so much fun. Yeah, some say it's boring, but there is so much to do when you're out there at the ball park. I even went when I was pregnant. Not so much fun climbing all those stairs while feeling like a Macy's Day balloon, but in the end I was happy to still get my ticket and watch from in the ballpark. Even now my boys insist upon going with grandpa to see the Dodgers.

3. I love roses. Most flowers actually, but I'm highly allergic to pollen. So much so that when we were living in Japan, I started getting sick from the rice patty fields. Today, I have the most beautiful climbing white roses outside my son's bedroom window. They were planted when my Grandmother-in-law passed. I also have these red/white roses that are so very fragrant. I remember using them for lessons in the classroom. My classes still remember my roses. I have roses in lavender, peach, coral, pink, and yellow as well. There is also a bunch of petunias outside where I used to have an old oak barrel half. My garden is bursting with color from the roses and petunias. When I go outside to garden, I make sure to take my claritin and have the inhaler nearby.
4. Songs that make me cry. True Colors - Cyndi Lauper, Everybody Hurts- REM, Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton , Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman- Bryan Adams
5. I collect Fairy Divas. I have several hanging above my desk. In a house full of boys, my desk became my girlie comfort zone. I relax and do my nails at the desk so it seems only natural that they float above my space. I like watching the shadows play on the walls. I like their wings and their details. I suppose I love them because they're mine. The guys don't care about them, but I do. Hanging behind them on the wall is an autographed print from Brian Froud. My brother brought it for me from the comic con one year when he got to meet him. (While he was there, he also got to be interviewed for the Spiderman 2 sneak preview and is on the DVD....way to go, little bro.)
6. I used to work at Farrell's (the only decent link I could find at the moment). I worked there right after my senior year of high school to save up money to go to college. I loved playing that big drum!!! My dad loved that I worked there. He'd come in to have a pig trough (double banana split) every once in a while. I think he did that so I'd have to go over and make that announcement. (Wishing I could remember it all now)
Iggy Iggy Wiggy"
I am a little piggy"
My brother loved that the kitchen staff and managers thought he was so cute that he should get freebies all the time. That was such a fun job.
7. I like orange polish on my toes. Summertime usually is the only time I'll paint them orange. My skin gets golden brown with all the outdoor stuff we do, and so I like to set them off with a nice pedicure (self done). Usually a nice shiny coral or bright orange is what I'm sporting in summer. Winter is usually a deep crimson.
and finally
8. I like to do body paints. I do lots of face painting, especially with my son's play group. I also painted an aquarium on my friend's pregnant belly. However, I've yet to do other types of body paints for lack of canvas. laughing
On the other hand, I have designed a few tattoos. Hubby's is in the works again, since the finished design was on my last HD, while he looked for a decent ink job. I still haven't gotten my pics off of there. My brother's design was there as well, come to think of it. Ugh. I'll have to rethink that one again. Something about two different types of dragons and two animals. (rambling, sorry). Mine is finally getting planned out. I decided what I want. Yippee! Now, will I have the nerve to go through with it? Piercings are one thing, but tattoos are another.
I'm up late and feel like blogging so here goes nothing....
1. I'm a navy brat. This means that I grew up in several different places. I was born in CA and moved to Florida, Japan, Guam, Virginia, Washington D.C. until we finally settled back here in CA. Our next tour of duty would have been either Germany or Italy, I've been told. I remember hiking to Talofofo Falls, walking across the Antietam Battlefields, the cherry blossoms lining D.C. streets, and dancing in a bon odori in my kimono and getas.

2. I like sports. Playing them? No, not really. I enjoy watching them and cheering for the home team. It sucks that we don't have a football team. The stadium football just doesn't do it for me. I still haven't been to a hockey game, although I DID have a ticket. Hubby just decided to take kiddo instead of me. He enjoyed it and had his memory of it, but it hurt me to no end that hubby did that. Now baseball, on the other hand, is so much fun. Yeah, some say it's boring, but there is so much to do when you're out there at the ball park. I even went when I was pregnant. Not so much fun climbing all those stairs while feeling like a Macy's Day balloon, but in the end I was happy to still get my ticket and watch from in the ballpark. Even now my boys insist upon going with grandpa to see the Dodgers.

3. I love roses. Most flowers actually, but I'm highly allergic to pollen. So much so that when we were living in Japan, I started getting sick from the rice patty fields. Today, I have the most beautiful climbing white roses outside my son's bedroom window. They were planted when my Grandmother-in-law passed. I also have these red/white roses that are so very fragrant. I remember using them for lessons in the classroom. My classes still remember my roses. I have roses in lavender, peach, coral, pink, and yellow as well. There is also a bunch of petunias outside where I used to have an old oak barrel half. My garden is bursting with color from the roses and petunias. When I go outside to garden, I make sure to take my claritin and have the inhaler nearby.

4. Songs that make me cry. True Colors - Cyndi Lauper, Everybody Hurts- REM, Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton , Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman- Bryan Adams
5. I collect Fairy Divas. I have several hanging above my desk. In a house full of boys, my desk became my girlie comfort zone. I relax and do my nails at the desk so it seems only natural that they float above my space. I like watching the shadows play on the walls. I like their wings and their details. I suppose I love them because they're mine. The guys don't care about them, but I do. Hanging behind them on the wall is an autographed print from Brian Froud. My brother brought it for me from the comic con one year when he got to meet him. (While he was there, he also got to be interviewed for the Spiderman 2 sneak preview and is on the DVD....way to go, little bro.)
6. I used to work at Farrell's (the only decent link I could find at the moment). I worked there right after my senior year of high school to save up money to go to college. I loved playing that big drum!!! My dad loved that I worked there. He'd come in to have a pig trough (double banana split) every once in a while. I think he did that so I'd have to go over and make that announcement. (Wishing I could remember it all now)
Iggy Iggy Wiggy"
I am a little piggy"
My brother loved that the kitchen staff and managers thought he was so cute that he should get freebies all the time. That was such a fun job.
7. I like orange polish on my toes. Summertime usually is the only time I'll paint them orange. My skin gets golden brown with all the outdoor stuff we do, and so I like to set them off with a nice pedicure (self done). Usually a nice shiny coral or bright orange is what I'm sporting in summer. Winter is usually a deep crimson.
and finally
8. I like to do body paints. I do lots of face painting, especially with my son's play group. I also painted an aquarium on my friend's pregnant belly. However, I've yet to do other types of body paints for lack of canvas. laughing
On the other hand, I have designed a few tattoos. Hubby's is in the works again, since the finished design was on my last HD, while he looked for a decent ink job. I still haven't gotten my pics off of there. My brother's design was there as well, come to think of it. Ugh. I'll have to rethink that one again. Something about two different types of dragons and two animals. (rambling, sorry). Mine is finally getting planned out. I decided what I want. Yippee! Now, will I have the nerve to go through with it? Piercings are one thing, but tattoos are another.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home