Saturday, June 9

I think I can - I thought I could

I got a call from hubby around noonish to say we had tickets to the dodger game tonight. Hmmmm.... why weren't we told about this sooner, I asked? He said, we were but everyone forgot. So then he added, if I wanted to go to call his dad and tell him, because he wasn't going to be able to make it. It would be the boys and myself (with an extra ticket) meeting his dad and sister with her daughter (13 yrs)....

I made the call. Sure I'd love to go. We'd take kiddo's friend. Uh huh.... sounds like fun huh?

That's about when the pain killer started to wear off...and I felt the throbbing of the lovely dental work they started yesterday.....UGH!
I realized....WTF was I thinking? Clearly I wasn't. Me and 3 lil boys at the ball park? At least I'd have my sis in law there to help.

I picked up kiddo from school, had J tell him where we were going, and then went to the market to grab some snacks to tak with us. Yeah, I'm good with bringing my own snacks so we don't spend an arm and leg for the same things.

So we take off around 6 to go to a 7:40 game. It takes an hour. Ok. I'm cool with driving in rush hour...but with 3 boys going on excitedly in the car, through downtown LA? Ummmm...well...probably not.

We were walking up to the gate, and saw the radio station setting up there. They were handing out free movies and summer stuff to promote Norbit. Kiddo's friend and kiddo each got a movie and all three boys came home with blow up beach balls and swim rings.

Walk into the stadium and we were then handed Beach Towels. It was give a way night and we scored!

I found our seats and when dad in law returned to his seat I asked about my sis in law.... She FLAKED on us. Well he sold the tickets and got his money back. Cool beans....but now I'm on my own with 3 boys. He's busy with his group since he's the one that organized the group from work he went with. Again the panic set in.

But do you know what?? I DID IT! I took the boys to the ball park.. without hubby....without help....just me...and it was ok. Not only that but....THEY HAD A BLAST! All of them said thank you to grandpa before leaving....and then to me on the way home.

Way to go, DODGERS!!!!
They won in the 10th inning...3 to 2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home