Little Boys, Grapes, and Scooby Doo
My oldest son had a friend sleep over last night. His best friend came over early evening and they played video games for most of the night. We finally got them out for a few minutes while we bbq'd and did some weeding in the garden. They were swinging on the monkey swing and running themselves ragged, or so I thought. It seems little boys who have sleep overs do not get hungry at dinner time. They can eat all through the night if you let them. I didn't. They ate hot dogs at 10:30 or so, chips and juice after that.
Probably close to midnight they came out saying they were hungry yet again. I gave them grapes. I didn't think anything of it. That was until I heard them laughing and jumping, banging around, and just having way too much fun in the bedroom. I got up to go see what was happening, and they were both red, wearing the biggest of grins.
My son's friend was wiping stuff around on his face. I asked what it was. Grapes! They were having a major grape fight in there. Grape pieces were all over the room.

Well I went back to doing what I was doing for a few more minutes before my little one woke up. He didn't wake up to anything the boys were doing. It seems, the Scooby Doo movie that he watches all the time wasn't such a good idea at bedtime. He had his first nightmare. It was quite sad listening to him sobbing in his bedroom about "Doo" and the "grrrrrr". A few hugs and kisses and a trip to the bathroom settled him down. He came to bed with me and we finally all were in bed by 2 am.
Probably close to midnight they came out saying they were hungry yet again. I gave them grapes. I didn't think anything of it. That was until I heard them laughing and jumping, banging around, and just having way too much fun in the bedroom. I got up to go see what was happening, and they were both red, wearing the biggest of grins.
My son's friend was wiping stuff around on his face. I asked what it was. Grapes! They were having a major grape fight in there. Grape pieces were all over the room.

Well I went back to doing what I was doing for a few more minutes before my little one woke up. He didn't wake up to anything the boys were doing. It seems, the Scooby Doo movie that he watches all the time wasn't such a good idea at bedtime. He had his first nightmare. It was quite sad listening to him sobbing in his bedroom about "Doo" and the "grrrrrr". A few hugs and kisses and a trip to the bathroom settled him down. He came to bed with me and we finally all were in bed by 2 am.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home