Wednesday, December 26

Christmas morning

Some tidbits:

Hubby got everything he wanted and more.
Kiddo got everything he wanted and more.
J got everything he wanted cept for the F150 ride on toy but forgot about when he saw the train from his list.
I got what I wanted and was surprised to see a $100 gift card in my stocking this year

At the in-laws:
The boys were spoiled by everyone and came home with a trunkload of toys. Where do we put all this stuff?? I got that nifty lil GT Xpress that I spent most of the month of December looking for, for my secret santa. My secret santa, her son, gave us both one. Thank goodness, because I really couldn't find it. As for the GT Xpress, I can't wait to use it. I have been reading the recipe book that came with it. It's pretty interesting and seems easy to use.

J's auntie has a little bird ceramic thing in her room. She will sometimes hide stuff in there for J to find when he's over. Sometimes, it might be a nickle since he likes to find money. Other times it's a small candy. Today it was 2 chocolate coins: one for him and one for his brother. He was told to go share with his brother. J skipped out of her room and out to the backyard. A few minutes later, he comes back holding one coin. His brother was sitting in the chair in the living room, where we were all gathered. Auntie asks kiddo if J gave him a coin, to which kiddo answers, no. She looks at J who is trying to nibble at the edge of the foil coin to open it, and tells him that he was supposed to give it to his brother, since it was his. J blinks ever so sweetly at her and tells her "No, it's not his. It doesn't have his name on it." He smiles, gives the coin to grandpa to open and gives his brother a look as auntie sits there laughing along with the rest of us. She's the one that always uses that line on him and he didn't miss a beat giving it back to her. She was so busy laughing and telling me to make sure to write it down, while she went off to find coins for my older son.

Oh, and a note about that nativity thing the night before. Kiddo was shocked when J told him he knew all about the baby Jesus and Christmas, but I forgot to add that kiddo said it took place a long time ago, "like maybe 5,000 years or more!" Hubby and I just keep laughing at these two. They're so funny.

I'm sure there are more little quips I'm forgetting to add in here, but I'm still stuffy headed.

Anyways, I got to visit my father yesterday, and bring him some Christmas dinner. He wanted a beer too, since he hasn't had one in a while. I brought him 2. He's sick as well and was lonely, so he appreciated the visit. Hubby's going to be going to the movies with him this week. They both want to see National Treasure 2 and I am Legend. Not that I don't want to see them, but I want to see them and if I go then the boys go. This means passing out popcorn and having bathroom duty. Not the same as seeing a movie, you know?

Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home