Today: Santa Train
We just got home from the Santa Train. Our city has a beautiful train that travels through the neighborhood from 3 pm- 8pm. They do this for 4 days out of the week, passing out giant apples and candy canes to the people of the city. Then that Saturday, following the train, is Breakfast With Santa at the park. They truck in tons of snow and set up different snow areas, for different ages, along with sledding area. It's a fun week for our city.
The city council members actually come and say hello to us, my little family. My son knows the former mayor, now council member. He looks for my son now, since 2 years ago, my son invited him to his upcoming birthday party. The man, who was mayor at the time, actually came to my house, with a council member, and brought my son a big, beautiful basket of city items, such as t-shirts, hat, pen, photo cube, pencils, gold commemorative coin and topped off the basket with a $20 bill. Anyways, he was looking for my son at the stop, to make sure we hadn't moved. He was very pleased to see him today, and my son was very happy to speak with him, as well.
The boys were so cute all dressed up. J was wearing jeans and shirt with vest, hair slicked back with the front brushed up a little. He looked very "preppy". Kiddo was wearing his camo tshirt and jeans, hair brushed out. His hair is now a little past his shoulders and layered. The color is amazing. If I were to say brown with reddish highlights, it wouldn't do it justice. It is like how mine was when I was younger, but his has a little more red thanks to his daddy's genes. They were both full of smiles and just so excited to see the train come to their street.
I have been coming to see the train since I was 14 years old. That was when we moved to the city and discovered the train. My brother was 2 at the time. We went out together, since my mom had the flu. I remember her watching from the window. I took the pictures back then as well.
My husband and I continued the tradition even when we moved out of the city (by 2 min). I believe I've only missed the train a few years due to illness or work. This year, it's been 23 years since my first Santa Train experience. I look forward to them every year, and every year, I'm never disappointed. (photo is from 2005)
The boys were so cute all dressed up. J was wearing jeans and shirt with vest, hair slicked back with the front brushed up a little. He looked very "preppy". Kiddo was wearing his camo tshirt and jeans, hair brushed out. His hair is now a little past his shoulders and layered. The color is amazing. If I were to say brown with reddish highlights, it wouldn't do it justice. It is like how mine was when I was younger, but his has a little more red thanks to his daddy's genes. They were both full of smiles and just so excited to see the train come to their street.
I have been coming to see the train since I was 14 years old. That was when we moved to the city and discovered the train. My brother was 2 at the time. We went out together, since my mom had the flu. I remember her watching from the window. I took the pictures back then as well.
My husband and I continued the tradition even when we moved out of the city (by 2 min). I believe I've only missed the train a few years due to illness or work. This year, it's been 23 years since my first Santa Train experience. I look forward to them every year, and every year, I'm never disappointed. (photo is from 2005)




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home