invites, weddings, and cake
Throwing a party is a lot of hard work. Doing it all last minute is even harder. So when it was decided that kiddo would be having a birthday party this coming weekend, I was set into high gear.
Yesterday, we were in the car, on our way to the post office, trying to figure out if we had all the invites in order. Kiddo's reading off the names and J is in the back kicking his feet and listening to older brother. He chimes in, rather loudly, "AND LULU!"
I laugh and over my shoulder I tell him that kiddo already invited Lulu's older sister. Evidentally that wasn't good enough. He want's Lulu here too. It's not his party, and I kinda don't feel like babysitting a little girl while her older sister plays video games with all the other kids. So I remind him that it's his brother's party.
Sure he gets that but he wants Lulu at the party.
Then the little precious 4 year old announces that he's going to marry Lulu.
Yup. He's got that idea in his head now....
"Me going to marry Lulu, mommy."
"You are?"
"Yes, me going to marry Lulu. Me going to dance. Lulu's going to dance. And we're going to get married."
This was when I looked over at Kiddo and then J in the mirror while I was giggling. I was luckily stopped at the mailbox and putting the envelopes in when this was announced.
"Well if you two get married I'll make you a cake."
"A Thomas the train cake, mommy?"
"Yes, if that's what you want."
more giggles from the front seat
"Yes, a big cake with Thomas on top. Me like Thomas. Lulu likes trains, too."
watching from the mirror as he picks up a Happy Meal bionicle
"Yes. That's my mission. Me going to marry Lulu, and dance, and have cake."
Yesterday, we were in the car, on our way to the post office, trying to figure out if we had all the invites in order. Kiddo's reading off the names and J is in the back kicking his feet and listening to older brother. He chimes in, rather loudly, "AND LULU!"
I laugh and over my shoulder I tell him that kiddo already invited Lulu's older sister. Evidentally that wasn't good enough. He want's Lulu here too. It's not his party, and I kinda don't feel like babysitting a little girl while her older sister plays video games with all the other kids. So I remind him that it's his brother's party.
Sure he gets that but he wants Lulu at the party.
Then the little precious 4 year old announces that he's going to marry Lulu.
Yup. He's got that idea in his head now....
"Me going to marry Lulu, mommy."
"You are?"
"Yes, me going to marry Lulu. Me going to dance. Lulu's going to dance. And we're going to get married."
This was when I looked over at Kiddo and then J in the mirror while I was giggling. I was luckily stopped at the mailbox and putting the envelopes in when this was announced.
"Well if you two get married I'll make you a cake."
"A Thomas the train cake, mommy?"
"Yes, if that's what you want."
more giggles from the front seat
"Yes, a big cake with Thomas on top. Me like Thomas. Lulu likes trains, too."
watching from the mirror as he picks up a Happy Meal bionicle
"Yes. That's my mission. Me going to marry Lulu, and dance, and have cake."



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home