Come on over!
I had the most busiest day, yesterday. When I logged in, I had an offline message from my mom that she'd be coming up from Joshua Tree, which meant a day with her: sometimes we get along....sometimes we don't.
Anyways, she came about noon and surprised the boys. I didn't want to tell them she was coming up in case she changed her mind, like she did last time. She came with presents for the boys. They were just happy to see her.
We went out to lunch at one of her old haunts, to which we had the most horrible service I've ever gotten. Then we went to the mall because she wanted to go to Mervyns. I stopped over to Bath & Body works and got a few things that were on sale. I fell in love with a Lemongrass Sage body spray and the lemon body scrub.
Finally we stopped over to see if my cousin and her 4 month old daughter were home. They live about 10 min away from me. My mom left word with the neighbor that she had visited, since she's been trying to see the baby since she's been born.
When we arrived back at my house, there was a message from my brother. Evidentally he had the day off, so I called him back and told him to come over. He didn't know my mom was here and she didn't know he was going to come until just before he got here. They hadn't seen each other in well over a month!
Then hubby's friend came in as the guitar hero competition was underway in kiddo's bedroom. He was here to meet hubby to paint the crown molding for a job they're doing. We hadn't seen him since Thanksgiving.
My cousin called that she was on her way to see my mom, if she was still here, which she was. So her and her baby showed up to the house. They stayed to visit for a while.
Hubby came home to a house full of people. He just looked at me and all I could do was shrug. I started dinner then because it was getting late and we had to eat. Since mom would be leaving soon, I knew I had to make extra to feed them before they hit the road. Hubby's friend usually eats with us when they're doing a job, and my brother normally stays as well.
Just as I finished making the spaghetti and meatballs, pulling the pizza from the oven, and taking out dishes, in walks mom's boyfriend. I told him to grab a seat. Somehow or another we had enough food to go around with a little leftover pizza for lunch for hubby, and a couple of servings of spaghetti. Thank God for small miracles.
After everyone had left, the kids and I were still overwhelmed a bit. That was pretty busy for us and coming down off the high took a while. Kiddo had a bath, J snuggled with daddy on the sofa and I came to the pc to look up some stuff and try to relax. That's when the phone rang. My brother was on the other end telling me that my dad was in the hospital. When I gasped, he corrected himself to say he meant Urgent Care but didn't know why.
Dad had the flu before Christmas and was still not feeling well. I called him to make sure he was ok and made arrangements to bring him to pick up his car he parked here the night before. So at 10 pm, off I went to get Daddy. When I got back, I dropped into bed.
My goodness.....it was a really long day.
Anyways, she came about noon and surprised the boys. I didn't want to tell them she was coming up in case she changed her mind, like she did last time. She came with presents for the boys. They were just happy to see her.
We went out to lunch at one of her old haunts, to which we had the most horrible service I've ever gotten. Then we went to the mall because she wanted to go to Mervyns. I stopped over to Bath & Body works and got a few things that were on sale. I fell in love with a Lemongrass Sage body spray and the lemon body scrub.
Finally we stopped over to see if my cousin and her 4 month old daughter were home. They live about 10 min away from me. My mom left word with the neighbor that she had visited, since she's been trying to see the baby since she's been born.
When we arrived back at my house, there was a message from my brother. Evidentally he had the day off, so I called him back and told him to come over. He didn't know my mom was here and she didn't know he was going to come until just before he got here. They hadn't seen each other in well over a month!
Then hubby's friend came in as the guitar hero competition was underway in kiddo's bedroom. He was here to meet hubby to paint the crown molding for a job they're doing. We hadn't seen him since Thanksgiving.
My cousin called that she was on her way to see my mom, if she was still here, which she was. So her and her baby showed up to the house. They stayed to visit for a while.
Hubby came home to a house full of people. He just looked at me and all I could do was shrug. I started dinner then because it was getting late and we had to eat. Since mom would be leaving soon, I knew I had to make extra to feed them before they hit the road. Hubby's friend usually eats with us when they're doing a job, and my brother normally stays as well.
Just as I finished making the spaghetti and meatballs, pulling the pizza from the oven, and taking out dishes, in walks mom's boyfriend. I told him to grab a seat. Somehow or another we had enough food to go around with a little leftover pizza for lunch for hubby, and a couple of servings of spaghetti. Thank God for small miracles.
After everyone had left, the kids and I were still overwhelmed a bit. That was pretty busy for us and coming down off the high took a while. Kiddo had a bath, J snuggled with daddy on the sofa and I came to the pc to look up some stuff and try to relax. That's when the phone rang. My brother was on the other end telling me that my dad was in the hospital. When I gasped, he corrected himself to say he meant Urgent Care but didn't know why.
Dad had the flu before Christmas and was still not feeling well. I called him to make sure he was ok and made arrangements to bring him to pick up his car he parked here the night before. So at 10 pm, off I went to get Daddy. When I got back, I dropped into bed.
My goodness.....it was a really long day.



1 Comments:
Wow - I'm tired just reading all that!!
Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment
<< Home