Wednesday, January 9

Thoughts

This year is my 20th high school reunion. Back in the days, there was so much stuff going on and I was too busy enjoying life. I thought I had it all, back then. I was an honor roll student, in AP classes and busy with band and cheerleading. I had electives like pre-calculus. I had crushes, boyfriends, and went to all the big dances, for both my school and the school my boyfriend attended. When Valentine's day of my senior year came, my boyfriend, of 3 years, asked me to marry him. A perfect diamond solitaire was placed upon my hand as he promised that after graduating college we would be married. We knew we'd go to college. How could anyone think differently of us.

He went to the university that we both planned to go to. I was awarded scholarships and grants but the grants were pulled at the last minute. I had to work for the first semester to be able to go to college. I paid my own way through community college. Needless to say I broke up with him when I found out ( he didn't tell me) that he had gotten some girl at the university pregnant. My last semester at college, I ran into someone from my high school. I never knew him before. He recognized me right away. That story is something for another time. Anyways, 2 months later we were engaged and married 1 year later. This year we will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary with our two sons.

I have no intention of going to my reunion. I have no desire to go, actually. What I do have are frequent nightmares about being in high school. I hope it all passes soon.

leaving this before I sign off

Foreigner- I want to know what love is

my first slow dance, freshman year, with the guy that I had the biggest ever crush on (well into college) where I finally had the chance to date him....MMmmmm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home