Updating
My cousin isn't doing so well....no improvement. They've been keeping him busy with activities to distract from things, between hospital visits.
My aunt, my grandpa's sister, is having chemo now because they found cancer in her lungs that has traveled to her liver. Spots the size of quarters and dimes throughout. She didn't want to tell her kids and it's become a big controversy.
My uncle has been in the hospital. He had a stroke last year and is suddenly having seizures. No news yet on him.
Just when all looks bleak, there's a ray of sunshine beaming through the dark days. My brother is marrying his girlfriend. They've wanted to get married for a while, but something's always happened. Now it's going to finally going to happen. At the end of August, in the warm summer's night air, darkness surrounding with flickering candlelight, by the side of the pool, they will be joined as husband and wife.
I am giving them a couple's shower. It's going to be HUGE since the wedding itself will be so small. Let's just say I've been a busy girl for the past few weeks, clearing up the yard, and getting things together....
I had jury duty this week. Thankfully I didn't get picked for the case, for I'm sure if my number was any lower, I'd have been sitting in the box. I have too much to do next week to sit and listen without being distracted.
Today we are going to a party for my neice, then slipping away to go to the circus. We have great tickets that I bought a while ago and have been eyeing them with anticipation. I try not to giggle every time the commercial comes on, because they beg to go....and yet, even though it's written on the calendar, circus, they just haven't realized that we're going. ~Laughs~
So I'll leave you with just one of J's funnies from this week. This kid just cracks me up. I love 4 year olds and I'm going to miss my sweet baby come August when he starts school.
***I dropped the boys off at the in-laws so that i could go to the courts this week. His first day, his aunt sees his arm and notices the two little bites (mosquito/spider...dunno...kid's always in the dirt out back). Here's the conversation that followed:
"Monkey? What's on your arm?"
"Spiduh bites" (said in that cute lil boy fashion)
"Oh. You should be careful. Some spiders are poisonous."
(he gives his aunt the most gawd-awful look, and tells her point blank)
"I'm not going to EAT them."
My aunt, my grandpa's sister, is having chemo now because they found cancer in her lungs that has traveled to her liver. Spots the size of quarters and dimes throughout. She didn't want to tell her kids and it's become a big controversy.
My uncle has been in the hospital. He had a stroke last year and is suddenly having seizures. No news yet on him.
Just when all looks bleak, there's a ray of sunshine beaming through the dark days. My brother is marrying his girlfriend. They've wanted to get married for a while, but something's always happened. Now it's going to finally going to happen. At the end of August, in the warm summer's night air, darkness surrounding with flickering candlelight, by the side of the pool, they will be joined as husband and wife.
I am giving them a couple's shower. It's going to be HUGE since the wedding itself will be so small. Let's just say I've been a busy girl for the past few weeks, clearing up the yard, and getting things together....
I had jury duty this week. Thankfully I didn't get picked for the case, for I'm sure if my number was any lower, I'd have been sitting in the box. I have too much to do next week to sit and listen without being distracted.
Today we are going to a party for my neice, then slipping away to go to the circus. We have great tickets that I bought a while ago and have been eyeing them with anticipation. I try not to giggle every time the commercial comes on, because they beg to go....and yet, even though it's written on the calendar, circus, they just haven't realized that we're going. ~Laughs~
So I'll leave you with just one of J's funnies from this week. This kid just cracks me up. I love 4 year olds and I'm going to miss my sweet baby come August when he starts school.
***I dropped the boys off at the in-laws so that i could go to the courts this week. His first day, his aunt sees his arm and notices the two little bites (mosquito/spider...dunno...kid's always in the dirt out back). Here's the conversation that followed:
"Monkey? What's on your arm?"
"Spiduh bites" (said in that cute lil boy fashion)
"Oh. You should be careful. Some spiders are poisonous."
(he gives his aunt the most gawd-awful look, and tells her point blank)
"I'm not going to EAT them."



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home