Thursday, April 24

busy days

Usually right about now I'd be gearing up for summer. Summer for us is like ....hmmmm... how do I put this in a way that anyone reading this can understand? Let's just say, "Summer is an adventure". That would be a good slogan for us.

In the past, we usually have camped almost every other weekend.
This meant loading up the truck early Friday afternoon and slipping out for a weekend get away. Sometimes towards the south, to San Diego area campgrounds. Othertimes, north east, to the mountains. Once in a while, north west to the beach towns or even further inland to the beautiful mountains.

The kids have done everything from hiking, fishing, kite flying, bug catching, to even making rope (ala cachuma indian style, with a rock and a piece of cut yucca).

With this homeschooling though, we've been able to start our weekend excursions earlier. The books travel and the lessons are more hands on. Kiddo loves it. I love it. However, most of all, Dad loves it. He gets to play more of a part in his son's education by actually working with kiddo and bringing him to see some of the things he's studied about or about to study. He enjoys that a lot.

In any case, we've been busy this week getting the camping stuff ready to go and stocking up on supplies.

This weekend is another weekend getaway to Big Bear. I can't say I'm not looking forward to it this time, because I am. With the new SUV, I can't wait to see what this trip will be like. Then we're planning on hauling the boat back down so we can take it to a different lake next month. YAY!

Speaking of the SUV, it's already been out to the desert to visit mom. We saw the new house in Yucca Mesa. It's gorgeous. She can't wait to move in. The boys saw the neighbor's African tortise. They were feeding him some leaves. J wanted to catch a "wizard" and that just about made my mom's heart burst hearing him telling her. They missed her so much that we ended up bringing her back home with us. She got to visit with my brother and his fiancee as well.

Today we took off to bolsa chica. There were a few pelicans flying around. Not until they flew by us did the boys realize how BIG these birds were. Then we saw some sand pipers playing on the shore. J watched them for a while then we continued building our sand castle. There was tar all over the place though. Sad to see the beach in this condition. Otherwise it was a very wonderful day. We could even look down the beach and see Long Beach! The boys waved to daddy working. ~laughs~

From desert, to beach, to mountains, a short drive to get to any of these places. One of the best things about living in socal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just wanted to stop by & say thanks for your wonderful comment- I'm touched, really. I think that hearing you've inspired someone is probably one of the best compliments a person can get :)

Best of luck, & let me know how it goes!

~Lauren

4/29/2008 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home