catching up
Since my last post a whole lot of things have happened.
I took the boys to Knott's Berry Farm for the day. We spent an entire Wednesday there. It was so much fun because they were both wanting to do everything. J loved seeing the robbers on the train. Kiddo loved getting the giveaways for spring break and then posing like Indiana Jones so that I could take tons of pictures. We didn't get home until very late that night.
The next morning, I had to do some laundry, pack the bags and get things in order. We left for Big Bear in the late morning. Not my idea, but hubby wanted to do something special for my birthday. Yes, special was spending it with his dad in a cabin that has far too much work to be done on it.
We did get to go fishing for a little bit here and there. His dad caught a 12 inch trout in the stream. I caught a 15 1/2 inch trout in the lake. Other than that no fish to report. We went to dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant. Then his dad told me we're never going there again. Yeah..... thanks dad in law. So needless to say I had a miserable birthday. (not getting into all the other reasons here)
I did get a nice goose egg on my knee, Thursday night, when kiddo wouldn't stop throwing ice balls around and one landed upon my knee. It hit in such a way that it got under the top of my kneecap. They all thought I was being a baby and cussed me out for csaying I was in pain. About 10 min later, I knew something wasn't right. I was still crying, wiping tears and lifted my jeans leg to check my knee only to see this horrible blue vein popping up and a big swelled area just above my knee. Uh huh. They brought me ice on it to keep the swelling down and I hobbled over to sit on the steps of the cabin. Later that night, on the way to my birthday dinner, I was driving the truck, stick, mind you, through the mountains because someone had a few too many beers while working on the cabin. That was painful!
We came back late Saturday afternoon. We would have stayed til Sunday but we had tickets to the big dodger game at the collesium. I was already feeling sick. I thought it was my allergies acting up but I later found out it wasn't. We got to dodger stadium to take the shuttles to the collesium at 6 pm. The game started at 7:10 pm. I told my father in law this wasn't a good idea, and that we should have parked at the game site. He wasn't hearing me though. All he kept saying was that it was free parking and shuttles. I knew this was a mistake. I packed up blankets and drinks before we left. Thank goodness because the line for the "free shuttle" was longer than any line that I have ever seen! It snaked around and around and around and around. I can't believe we waited 2+ hours in that line. We got off the bus at the end of the 5th inning and into our seats by the 6th. We said briefly greeted dad in law's friends before turning around and heading back out to the shuttle at the beginning of the 7th inning. We stood in line, during the light drizzle, for another 2 hours before finally boarding a return shuttle back to the stadium to head home. So much fun.
I've spent the last few days on the sofa/bed, coughing and sneezing and trying to rest. I get up occasionally for the pc to keep myself awake so that I can manage the boys. If I slept, God only knows where my kids would be and what they'd be doing.
So this is where we are today. My little one woke up with an athsma attack. I gave him his abuterol then puffed on my inhaler while I was up and having the same thing.
I took the boys to Knott's Berry Farm for the day. We spent an entire Wednesday there. It was so much fun because they were both wanting to do everything. J loved seeing the robbers on the train. Kiddo loved getting the giveaways for spring break and then posing like Indiana Jones so that I could take tons of pictures. We didn't get home until very late that night.
The next morning, I had to do some laundry, pack the bags and get things in order. We left for Big Bear in the late morning. Not my idea, but hubby wanted to do something special for my birthday. Yes, special was spending it with his dad in a cabin that has far too much work to be done on it.
We did get to go fishing for a little bit here and there. His dad caught a 12 inch trout in the stream. I caught a 15 1/2 inch trout in the lake. Other than that no fish to report. We went to dinner at my favorite mexican restaurant. Then his dad told me we're never going there again. Yeah..... thanks dad in law. So needless to say I had a miserable birthday. (not getting into all the other reasons here)
I did get a nice goose egg on my knee, Thursday night, when kiddo wouldn't stop throwing ice balls around and one landed upon my knee. It hit in such a way that it got under the top of my kneecap. They all thought I was being a baby and cussed me out for csaying I was in pain. About 10 min later, I knew something wasn't right. I was still crying, wiping tears and lifted my jeans leg to check my knee only to see this horrible blue vein popping up and a big swelled area just above my knee. Uh huh. They brought me ice on it to keep the swelling down and I hobbled over to sit on the steps of the cabin. Later that night, on the way to my birthday dinner, I was driving the truck, stick, mind you, through the mountains because someone had a few too many beers while working on the cabin. That was painful!
We came back late Saturday afternoon. We would have stayed til Sunday but we had tickets to the big dodger game at the collesium. I was already feeling sick. I thought it was my allergies acting up but I later found out it wasn't. We got to dodger stadium to take the shuttles to the collesium at 6 pm. The game started at 7:10 pm. I told my father in law this wasn't a good idea, and that we should have parked at the game site. He wasn't hearing me though. All he kept saying was that it was free parking and shuttles. I knew this was a mistake. I packed up blankets and drinks before we left. Thank goodness because the line for the "free shuttle" was longer than any line that I have ever seen! It snaked around and around and around and around. I can't believe we waited 2+ hours in that line. We got off the bus at the end of the 5th inning and into our seats by the 6th. We said briefly greeted dad in law's friends before turning around and heading back out to the shuttle at the beginning of the 7th inning. We stood in line, during the light drizzle, for another 2 hours before finally boarding a return shuttle back to the stadium to head home. So much fun.
I've spent the last few days on the sofa/bed, coughing and sneezing and trying to rest. I get up occasionally for the pc to keep myself awake so that I can manage the boys. If I slept, God only knows where my kids would be and what they'd be doing.
So this is where we are today. My little one woke up with an athsma attack. I gave him his abuterol then puffed on my inhaler while I was up and having the same thing.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home