My son continues to amaze me
There are two things that I want to write about, both of which being about my older son.
Firstly, let me just report that this school year is so far going well. It's a pleasure to pick him up after school, see him smiling, and tell me as he gets in that he loves school. He has always said that since kindergarten, but last year was the year from hell. I thought I had lost him in all the red tape. He's back and doing so well. He's got that male teacher who was in the military. He believes in discipline and hard work, and recognized that we, as a family, were on the same page with him. It's wonderful to know that he will be infuencing my son this way. As far as having a male teacher, I'm pleased that my son has this opportunity. I think all boys at this age should experience one as a role model. The teacher couldn't have been more perfect.
Communication lines were drawn that very first day, so seeing my son walking to the car with a stapled completely around, pink note with my name across it, was nothing new. However, it was pink, and my understanding, seeing him waving it was uh-oh, trouble. I had already gotten a phone call last week from the teacher. You know how they start out with a positive before the "but" comes along. He called to tell me that our son was an excellent reader, very advanced. He was impressed by the books my son has been bringing to school to read and those he was selecting from the school library, 10th and 12th grade level. The "but" was that his homework was missing/incomplete. That was because I had pulled him out the day before when he was sick. He suddenly remembered that and apologized.
Into the car, my son comes, saying, "mom, it's not a bad note." I guess my face had said it all. I opened the note when I got home. I must say, I was very proud of my son. Here's what the note said:
And onto the next topic.....(laughing because someone dear to me told me to put it in here)
These little stories, like the one I'm about to share are partly the reason that I blog. They make not only myself and hubby laugh, but they sure do brighten up my friend's days when I share with them.
On Remembering 911
My son was in class. Mr. V was explaining the tragedy to the class, about how it touched so many lives, how families are dealing with it even to this day, and about how it scarred so many.
My son, bless his heart, pulled up his short's leg, raised his hand, and told his teacher he had a scar on his leg. He shows his teacher and class this scar on the inside of his knee, pointing out how long it is, and that it's barely visibile now. The class starts asking him if it hurt. He says, yes, it did. Their next question, "was it scary?" My son says, "why yes, yes it was scary." His teacher, dear Mr. V tells my son he's very lucky to be alive now, to have survived the tragedy.
Laughing. It was from playing out back I believe, but honestly I don't remember how he got it. Anyways, His class thought it was related to 9-11. Now I'm embarrassed to have to go tell this nice man that my son was not a 9-11 survivor. Guess who's going to be with me when I tell him.
Firstly, let me just report that this school year is so far going well. It's a pleasure to pick him up after school, see him smiling, and tell me as he gets in that he loves school. He has always said that since kindergarten, but last year was the year from hell. I thought I had lost him in all the red tape. He's back and doing so well. He's got that male teacher who was in the military. He believes in discipline and hard work, and recognized that we, as a family, were on the same page with him. It's wonderful to know that he will be infuencing my son this way. As far as having a male teacher, I'm pleased that my son has this opportunity. I think all boys at this age should experience one as a role model. The teacher couldn't have been more perfect.
Communication lines were drawn that very first day, so seeing my son walking to the car with a stapled completely around, pink note with my name across it, was nothing new. However, it was pink, and my understanding, seeing him waving it was uh-oh, trouble. I had already gotten a phone call last week from the teacher. You know how they start out with a positive before the "but" comes along. He called to tell me that our son was an excellent reader, very advanced. He was impressed by the books my son has been bringing to school to read and those he was selecting from the school library, 10th and 12th grade level. The "but" was that his homework was missing/incomplete. That was because I had pulled him out the day before when he was sick. He suddenly remembered that and apologized.
Into the car, my son comes, saying, "mom, it's not a bad note." I guess my face had said it all. I opened the note when I got home. I must say, I was very proud of my son. Here's what the note said:
Dear Mrs. _________MMmmm.....Proud mommy moment here.
I just want to let you know that (son's name) gave me the best response today. It dealt with using inference in our story. Out of all his peers, his answer was the most accurate and in-depth. I almost fell off my chair.
(smiley face)
Mr. V________
And onto the next topic.....(laughing because someone dear to me told me to put it in here)
These little stories, like the one I'm about to share are partly the reason that I blog. They make not only myself and hubby laugh, but they sure do brighten up my friend's days when I share with them.
On Remembering 911
My son was in class. Mr. V was explaining the tragedy to the class, about how it touched so many lives, how families are dealing with it even to this day, and about how it scarred so many.
My son, bless his heart, pulled up his short's leg, raised his hand, and told his teacher he had a scar on his leg. He shows his teacher and class this scar on the inside of his knee, pointing out how long it is, and that it's barely visibile now. The class starts asking him if it hurt. He says, yes, it did. Their next question, "was it scary?" My son says, "why yes, yes it was scary." His teacher, dear Mr. V tells my son he's very lucky to be alive now, to have survived the tragedy.
Laughing. It was from playing out back I believe, but honestly I don't remember how he got it. Anyways, His class thought it was related to 9-11. Now I'm embarrassed to have to go tell this nice man that my son was not a 9-11 survivor. Guess who's going to be with me when I tell him.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home